SIGMA 60 mm F2.8 DN
Pressemelding fra Sigma 30. januar 2013:
Denne produktnyheten er en direkte gjengivelse av en pressemelding fagbladet Elektronikkbransjen har mottatt, og er ikke redaksjonelt behandlet.
SIGMA 60 mm F2.8 DN
With their compact bodies and a diverse range of design, mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras have been evolving in their own unique way. To achieve a lens system corresponding to the cameras of the new era – shaped by such thoughts, the high- performance mid-range telephoto lens for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras offers Sigma’s original innovation in a form that is more polished and refined than ever before. In order to maximize performance of mirrorless cameras, advanced optical technology is explored to achieve expressive performance worthy of Sigma’s Art line. Featuring the natural perspective of mid-range telephoto lenses, together with a shallow depth of field, this lens allows the photographer to capture a single part of a subject. It brilliantly realizes the photographer’s intentions.
Corresponding AF Mounts: Micro Four Thirds, Sony E-Mount Accessories: Case, Lens hood (LH520-03) supplied.
● The Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
1. Our Art line delivers high-level artistic quality
Sigma is organizing all its interchangeable lenses into three product lines; Contemporary, Art and Sports. Designed with a focus on sophisticated optical performance and abundant expressive power, our Art line delivers high-level artistic expression. Developed with the maximum emphasis on artistic touch, they are designed to meet the expectations of users who value a creative, dramatic outcome above compactness and multifunction. Along with landscapes, portraits, still-life, close-up and casual snaps, they are perfect for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist. Ideal for studio photography, they offer just as much expressive scope when capturing architecture, starry skies, underwater shots and many other scenes.
2. Mid-range telephoto lens for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras
The high-performance mid-range telephoto lens has an angle of view equivalent to 120mm on the Micro Four Thirds system and 90mm on the E-mount system (35mm equivalent focal length). Featuring the natural perspective and shallow depth of field,as well as beautiful bokeh effects, this lens allows the photographer to capture a single part of a subject. It brilliantly realizes the photographer’s intentions. Currently comprising the SIGMA 60mm F2.8 DN mid-range telephoto lens, the SIGMA 30mm F2.8 DN standard lens and the SIGMA 19mm F2.8 DN wide-angle lens are expanding photographers’ high-performance options for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras.
3. Superior optical performance and functionality.
Sigma’s original innovation is now more polished and refined than ever before. The simple shape of the focus ring, varying textures that distinguish each part of the lens, the use of metal on almost all external areas of the lens, the unibody design of the hood—all of these elements add up to a lens design that is ideal for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. In addition, photographers have the choice of black or silver to match their favorite equipment.
4. Exceptional image quality
This lens features SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass, which helps minimize axial and transverse chromatic aberration. Glass mold aspherical lenses help minimize coma. Optimized power distribution helps ensure exceptional image quality from the center to the edges of the images. In addition, the inner focusing system corrects the fluctuation of aberration to maintain image quality regardless of the focusing position.
5. Telecentric conscious design
The superior telecentric optical design improves the image quality throughout the frame.
6. Linear AF motor
This lens benefits from a linear AF motor which moves the lens unit directly without the need for gears or other extra mechanical parts. This system ensures accurate and quiet autofocusing, making the lens excellent for both recording video and taking still photos.
● The minimum focusing distance of 50cm The maximum magnification is 1:7.2.
● Incorporating Rounded diaphragm The 7 blade rounded diaphragm creates an attractive round bokeh at large-aperture settings.
● Brass made bayonet mount This lens incorporates a brass made bayonet mount which has both high accuracy and durability. A special treatment to reinforce its strength is applied to the surface giving it greater strength and making it highly resistant to long-term use.
● Evaluation with Sigma’s own MTF measuring system “A1” We used to measure lens performance with an MTF measuring system using conventional sensors. However, we've now developed our own proprietary MTF (modulation transfer function) measuring system (A1) using Foveon 46-megapixel direct image sensors. Previously undetectable high-frequency details are now within the scope of our quality control inspections. The SIGMA 60mm F2.8 DN will all be checked using this “A1” before they are shipped.
● “Made in Japan” All Sigma's manufacturing right down to molds and parts is carried out under an integrated production system. We are now one of the very few manufacturers whose products are solely “made in Japan”. We like to think our products are somehow imbued with the essence of our homeland, blessed as it is with clean air and water, and focused, hard-working people. We pride ourselves on the authentic quality of Sigma products, born of a marriage between highly attuned expertise and intelligent, advanced technology. Our sophisticated products have satisfied professionals and lovers of photography all over the world, because our manufacturing is based on genuine craftsmanship, underpinned by the passion and pride of our experts.
[Specification] For Micro Four Thirds
Lens Construction: 8 elements in 6 groups |
Minimum aperture: F22 |
Filter size: ø46mm |
Angle of view 20.4° (Sony E-Mount: 26.6°) |
Minimum focusing distance: 50cm/19.7in. |
Dimensions (Diameter x Length): ø60.8mm x 55.5mm/2.4in. x 2.2in. |
Number of diaphragm blades: 7 (Rounded diaphragm) |
Maximum magnification ratio: 1:7.2 | Weight: TBD